If you love cooking, then you will want my today’s review because it is an essential tool “knives.” My review is on a most debatable company called Cutco, which is known for its products but more in talks for its marketing.
In this review, I will cover things related to Cutco company products, its compensation plan, its pros and cons and I will also tell you whether it is a pyramid scheme or not.
Want To Earn Passive Income While You Sleeping
The Cutco Corporation was founded in 1949 by Alcoa and Case Cutlery. The company offers wide ranges of cutlery and kitchen accessories and tools. Cutco is known for its tools for a long time.
Cutco was also known as Alcas corporation combination of two founders name Alcoa and Case Cutlery. Cutco’s marketing is done by Vector Company from few years.
Cutco’s main product is a knife; they give a different kind of knives for kitchen use like hunting and pocket knives. This company has sold many products in the market till now.
According to the sources, they have sold more than 17 million products, and mostly all are customers are satisfied with their knives. Reason for their success is high-quality products which run for a long time.
- Kitchen Knives
- Sporting Knives
- Table and steak knives
- Knife gift sets
- Knife sets
- Trimmer which approximately cost you $70 to 75, this knife is customer’s favorite for more than 40 years. It is famous for Double D edge.
- Vegetable Peeler its cost is approximately $40 to $45 as the name suggests best in the kitchen for cutting vegetables and fruits. It comes with eye remover, which helps you to cut the upper parts of some vegetables, potatoes and all.
- Then come Petite blade and its cost is $130 to $ 140.
As we are talking about Cutco how we can forget Vector which handles marketing department of Cutco Company let me tell you some brief regarding it.
Vector Companies MLM
Vector Marketing is multi-level marketing that handles sales of Cutco Company from many years. This company’s strategy of selling has always come under the scanner. As Wikipedia and few more sites have called Vector as a scam company.
Vector Company uses direct marketing strategy like newspaper, posters, mouth to mouth, and they also use many other media channels through the internet. They are then calling people, door to door marketing, arranging parties and the distribution of fliers in such parties.
All these aggressive tactics are not of standard, and it has received many criticisms for that.
The Compensation Structure Of
Cutco Company/ Vector Marketing
One thing good about Cutco’s compensation is they give you $12.50 to $17.50 per new appointment. When you meet people and demonstrate Products of Cutco’s. Per appointment, you will receive money and each meeting you will spend 1hour’s time. It is not like other direct sales company which doesn’t give returns.
Now let us see what commission you will get
from your sales:
- $0 – $1,000 sales = 10% commission.
- $1001 – $4000 sales = 15% commission.
- $4001 – $7500 sales = 20% commission.
- $7501 – $12000 sales = 25% commission.
- $12000 – $24000 sales = 30% commission.
- $24001 plus sales you get 30% + unspecified.
You have to submit a report with a presentation every week.
Let Us Now See Some Of The Pros And Cons
Of Cutco/ Vector Marketing
- Cutco Company sells top quality products, and that’s the central part of the company, which is helping them to survive even after so many negatives things about them in the market.
- Yes, you get guaranteed wage for your selling, which is a good thing.
- Thye offer training and all to their clients and many reviews suggest management of the company is excellent.
- Yes, it MLM but if you know how to do it, then Cutco has the products which can help you earn some money for sure.
- Cutco luckily has good BBB ratings. (but not so good customers reviews)
- It is surrounded by lots of negative news in the market for their selling strategies as they are tagged as a Pyramid scheme by many, especially sites like Wikipedia.
- Company is facing many lawsuits which are similar to Herbalife, and that’s not a good sign for company’s future.
- Recruitment method is suspicious, and that has put them under the scanner.
- As the company is MLM, products are expensive compared to others in the market.
- Help centre of the company is worst according to the review on the sites.
- It is MLM, so it is not easy for all to earn money from it.
My View On
Cutco/ Vector Marketing:
Well, for me it’s not a pyramid scheme, and the simple reason for that is they are selling products for more than six decades. This shows that people still purchase their knives.
Yes, they are under scanner for many reasons, but to sum up, they are selling things in the market.
The problem is Vector’s marketing; the way they are doing it is not the right way.
For college students and people who are looking to join this company for them, I would say don’t waste your time.
I would rather say find a good job instead of this company.
Because if you think long term perspective, it’s not worthy, so you need to plan well rather than Vector Marketing.
I don’t want to be harsh on Cutco, but Vector’s marketing strategies is forcing me to do so.
I cannot give positive feedback on Cutco Company. Seriously I don’t understand why companies try such things when they have right products to sell in the market. They can try many other things to market products don’t know why MLM?
For the people who are looking for work, I would recommend them to join Affiliate marketing. It is a more legit way to do work online, and you can go long by joining Affiliate Program like Wealthy Affiliate. You do not have to go door to door for selling things. You can easily do it by online through Affiliate Marketing.
So don’t waste time on MLM and all try Affiliate Program like Wealthy Affiliate for a better future.