Mary Kay: Is this beauty MLM company all o’KAY’ for business or not o’KAY’?
The world is growing, the people in it are growing, different ideas of different people are growing and so are different MLM businesses are growing. Mary Kay is one such cosmetics company which has been in the market for around 56 years now and still is growing.
Today we are going to know a bit about Mary Kay not only as a beauty company but also as an MLM business opportunity and whether it is a scam or not even after being in the market for so long.
Need A Better Business Opportunity Than MLM?
History Of Mary Kay Company
Mary Kay Ash and Richard Rogers the mother-son duo are the founders of Mary Kay. Mary Kay Ash started the company on September 13, 1963.
Mary Kay, along with Amway, is the veteran of MLM business opportunities since they are in the industry for more than 50 years now.
It is through these companies that the MLM business has come into limelight through all these years.
All of us know that there are so many other beauty companies that are MLM businesses at heart.
People have been in this business for so long now that most of us are very well aware of what such MLM companies do for people who want to make some extra money through these businesses.
How many profits can you make through MLM is purely based on the company that you are dealing with and not only that also what pyramid scheme they have for the profits or what do they offer as rewards.
First, Let Us Know What The Product Range
That Mary Kay Offers Are
- Body & Sun
The above is the range for women; Mary Kay is no behind in boosting male ego as well by offering product range to the men as well as below.
- Shaving creams, Aftershave lotions, foams
- Face soaps
What is commendable about the Mary Kay company that it was started by a woman entrepreneur way back in 1963. It began with the intention that it would not only benefit her as a businesswoman but would also open gates for business opportunities to other women.
That is why today Mary Kay is one of the most recognized cosmetics company that people not only want to buy products from but are also encouraged to be a part of the business.
After the passing of Mary Kay, her son Richard Rogers has been running the business successfully till now as Executive Chairman.
When the word cosmetics come, women all over the world know what is right or wrong for their skin.
Whether you are a usual shopper for cosmetics or not every woman knows how their skin behaves when they use a particular brand.
When it comes to businesses that deal with cosmetics, most of the women all around the world are up to date with useful information regarding such business opportunities. And, with the advent of the Internet today where everything is at our fingertips, it becomes all the more easy for searcing or coming across such business opportunities.
How We Can Start Our Business With Mary Kay?
Once you decide you, want to do business with Mary Kay and earn some bucks, it presents us with a starter kit worth $100.
The starter kit comes in a stylish bag and it includes items such as samples, brochures, DVDs, retail sized samples to show to potential customers, special offers, etc., also the access to your personal website.
The process is simple. First, you need to know someone who is already Mary Kay consultant. If you don’t know anyone, don’t worry, you can just click on their site, enter your Zip code, and you will get a list of independent beauty consultants.
As a consultant, you need to purchase their products first on a wholesale rate, add your commission and get a 50% profit on each sale made. And, when you are buying $225 wholesale priced products every three months, you can be considered as an active consultant.
Either you sell more products through your website, or you recruit more and more people these are the ways for earning money with Mary Kay.
There Are Three Ways You Can Think
Of Earning Through This Program
- Direct sales: Through direct sales is selling on retail value through your website and earning a 50% profit on each purchase made.
- Commissions through downlines: The more the downlines you create and more the sale they make you can get a commission of 4% on each sale they make. But, this also depends on rank. The higher the level, the higher is the commission rate.
- Bonuses: You can also get specific dollar amounts between $50 to $3,000, but it all depends on how you are performing as a consultant and what is your leadership level.
Pros And Cons of Mary Kay
Digging into the Pros:
- Famous Brand: If you ever choose to be part of this program, then you are a part of a globally recognized brand rest assured. The quality of their products is decent enough. Had they been any kind of scam they wouldn’t have survived for so long.
- Rewards: After you reach a certain level of a leadership ladder, you can also earn a Car. You heard that right, but that requires you acquiring $100,000 in sales within a year. You can also get a fun cruise to the Bahamas this year if you achieve a specific sales target.
Digging into the Cons:
- Lower profits: The first thing a person thinks of entering into any business is how much they can earn back. And, with Mary Kay, the gains are meager. If you are thinking of making only this business as your full-time business, then it is a bad idea. You are not going to be a millionaire overnight.
- Storage problems: One very negative aspect of doing business with Mary Kay is that it needs you to store a massive amount of their wholesale products for selling late on. And, till the time you don’t sell everything you need to keep stocking it. Also, everybody will not have access to such big spaces to keep inventory.
- Market saturation: When we research a bit about our own areas where we live, we will get to know how many consultants like us stay nearby. This is going to be the case everywhere you go because of the high demand for online consultants in almost every market sphere and product types. So, the customers that you are targeting must probably be targeted by other consultants as well. And, this is how your target audience market gets saturated.
- A lot of consumers complains: As you can see at Mary Kay Consumer Affair Profile, there are a lot of buyers that are not satisfied with products quality, and the fact that this company often changes products formulas.
So, Is Mary Kay A Pyramid Scheme?
To look at a bigger picture, Mary Kay has definitely been in the business for years, so it is not a pyramid scheme to say so. But, there are hundreds of other MLM business opportunities as well where you can earn better profits.
As I burn on different MLMs, I find out that there are many different business opportunities where the profit margins are much higher compared to what money you are putting in the business.
And most importantly if you wish to earn some good profits, then more than any MLM business opportunity Affiliate marketing gives you a better income.
In affiliate marketing,
there is no pressure on recruiting people.
You can promote brands, products, and services at your convenience and also earn profits for doing that. You can promote the same through your blogs or websites and your social media platforms and become a successful affiliate marketer.
All in all, Mary Kay is not a pyramid scheme, but if you are only thinking of earning good money, then you can skip them and look out for better options.