We have reached a point in life where there is no end to the emergence of new companies and organizations every day.
More so, the Internet lets us know about these companies that knock our doors, trying to offer us many opportunities that may lead us to earn some extra income.
They are the ones that show us the path and tricks to have an extra income earning source, and for many, they might act as a full-time income-earning opportunity.
Most of these companies as Primerica, talk about benefiting the general public are network marketing or multi-level marketing companies who act on the same idea as others just make their claims differently.
If You Don’t Want To Waste Any More Time On Direct Sales,
But You Want To Do Job Once And Have Passive Income
It is, however, essential to appreciate the fact that some of these companies are for real, and they do allow individuals to earn a decent amount of income.
Especially for homemakers and college-going students, this is definitely a fruitful chance to make some pocket money.
Talking about the same Primerica is one such MLM structured company that is in the business of insurance and financial services but also provides an opportunity for people to earn from their business.
Also, what is different with Primerica is that though it is an MLM business, it does not deal with health and wellness products like most of the MLM companies do.
It deals with financial services, which is a bit unlikely for an MLM business.
Let Us First Know What
Primerica is an insurance and financial services MLM company at heart, which founded in the year 1977 by Arthur L. Williams Jr.
It is the largest independent financial services organization in North America that caters more to middle-income families with incomes of between $30,000 and $100,000 (both USD) per year in the US, Canada, and the territories of Puerto Rico and Guam.
It is internationally headquartered at Duluth, GA. Also, Primerica has been traded on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PRI” and claims that it insured around 5 million lives and registered more than 2 million clients investment accounts till December 31, 2017.
Primerica became a publicly listed company on April 1, 2010.
Primerica is nothing but a network marketing company that sells healthcare insurance. It is aimed at cost-effectively serving middle-income households and provides them with favorable and challenging economic environments.
What Products Or Solutions
Does Primerica Offer?
- Financial Needs Analysis (FNA) – to help families understand their personal finances and give them personalized strategies to provide them with financial security.
- Term Life Insurance – life insurance priced affordably for giving families the coverage they need.
- Investments – they help Main street families invest in mutual funds, managed investments, annuities, business retirement plans.
- Auto and Home Insurance – protection of assets through Primerica Secure and Answer Financial®, Inc.
- Long-term Care Insurance – this caters to both the medical and non-medical needs of people suffering from chronic illnesses or disabilities.
- Pre-Paid Legal Insurance – this is to protect individuals from devastating legal problems.
- Identity Theft – protects individuals from identity thefts by monitoring their personal information and financial accounts, provides counseling and emergency assistance, restores identity should a breach occur.
How To Get Started With Primerica?
Like any other MLM company program, Primerica also has a kit to start with, which priced around $99 plus there is a $25 monthly fee.
And these fees include your Primerica Sales License and a background check.
Also, to be eligible to become their member, you will have to go through their screening process that checks if there is any past criminal record.
And the monthly fee is to provide you with all the tools and marketing materials necessary to help you start with the business. A good thing here is $99 is refundable after a few months.
Similar to other MLM companies,
Primerica too has two basic ways to earn money like:
- Retail sales through which you need to sell their insurances to earn sales commissions directly.
- Recruiting people to your downlines for earning commissions from each sale made by them.
What Is The Compensation Plan
There are 4 ways through which you can do this.
- Retail commissions – profits by retailing any financial plans or insurances through direct selling.
- Commissions from downlines – you can earn around 10% override commissions from your downlines.
- Rank commissions – the higher your ranks, the higher gets your commissions.
- Product commissions – Primerica offers other financial products as well from which commissions can be earned by selling them.
Primerica also provides you with a commission rate depending upon ranks as below:
- Representative – 25% commission
- Senior Representative – 35% commission + bonus
- District Leader – 50% commission + bonus
- Division Leader – 60% commission
- Regional Leader – 70% commission
- Regional Vice President – 95% commission + bonuses
- Senior Vice President – 95% commission + bonuses
Positives of Primerica.
- BBB accredited – it has been graded as A+ by the BBB.
- Old in the business – it has been in the industry for the past 42 years and still counting and is a well-established organization.
- Cheaper compared to other MLM programs – starting with just $99 is affordable than other MLM companies dealing in other market industries that have starter kits worth more than $400.
Negatives of Primerica.
- Focused more on recruitment – like many other MLM companies, Primerica, too, is more focused only on making recruitments rather than the selling of products.
- Not suitable for everybody – not all will be interested in doing business with a company that deals with finance and insurance, and not everybody have the required knowledge in the field in order to sell the products better.
- Bed Reviews and Complains – At BBB you can currently see 118 customer complaints and the majority of them are from “Problems with Product/Service”.
- Lower profits – you definitely cannot become rich with their income-earning program. The success rate is too flat to make a considerable amount of income. Actually, more than 60% of distributors did earn anything. The other 40% of Primerica distributors earn an average of $6,088 yearly (it’s $500 monthly).
So, in my opinion, those stats can show you that most people cannot make money with Primerica.
A better business opportunity than this is Affiliate marketing, where you can decide on which products or services you want to sell at your own convenience.
There are no costs involved, plus it has no hassle of recruiting anybody.
You can earn from promoting the products and services of your choice through social media platforms, websites, blogs, etc. and earn some decent passive income from each sale made through your efforts.
So, Is Primerica a Pyramid Scheme?
No, it is not a scam or a pyramid scheme because it has actual products and offers financial solutions that cater mainly to middle-income households.
Also, the fact that they have been in the business for around 42 years and have been approved by the BBB with A+ rating proves they are a legit company.
Coming to the question of doing business with them, if you are a person interested in selling financial solutions and have good knowledge in doing so, then you can go ahead and become their distributor.
But, if you lack that knowledge or are not so interested in selling that and also lack patience for gaining some decent income, then this opportunity can be skipped.
How I Make Money?
I was so lucky that I found a different business model to make money online, called Affiliate Marketing!
I have a lot of reasons why I choose Affiliate marketing instead of MLM. The main reasons are…
- I didn’t have to recruit my family, friends or anyone else to make money
- I have my freedom to promote anything I like and not be limited to only sell products from one MLM company
Honestly, with Affiliate Marketing, I did something that I will never achieve with MLM.
I’ve myself created a 4-Figure Monthly Passive Income Stream as a stay at home mom without any prior experience!
So, if you want to explore how I did it as a mom of three kids, without any knowledge, click here!